Sunday, October 14, 2012

Questions During the Hiatus

Hey guys. Sorry for not being so involved the last few weeks. Been under a lot of stress from law school; haven't had much time. I still don't have enough time for a lot of analysis, but I'm gonna answer some questions from people who have been emailing me.

Yo JD, where you been? - John
Have you ever seen "The Paper Chase?" That's my life. Law school is not fun.

What did you think about the Saints big win against the Chargers? Do you think the presence of Sean Payton was a factor? - Every person in NOLA.
It was a much needed step for the Saints. The Defense seems to be coming along, but I think they did get a little lucky that game (due to Gaither's injury). Still, the team, overall, is moving forward and that's a great sign.
As for Sean Payton, I don't think he created a HUGE factor, but I think there was some morale building there. I think Drew's record, more than anything, helped them.

Hey JD, I'm a big fan of the Rams. How do you think they're doing? I think Sam Bradford is our future. Do you agree? - Schafer
Hey Schafer. Happy to have you along.
I raved about the acquisition of Jeff Fisher as head coach in the offseason. He's a defensive mastermind and a Hell of a coach. You should feel reassured to have him there. His defense looks electric. I'm also a big fan of James Laurinitis and Chris Long. Oh, and your CB tandem, Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins, is one of the best in the league. I LOVE Jenkins, he's gonna be a phenomenal player if he can get disciplined.
I honestly can't tell you if Sam Bradford is the future, but I can tell you this: If the Rams don't get him some offensive weapons, there will be no future for ANYONE at QB.

What do you have against USC QBs? - Brian
Haaaahahaha. No offense to the Trojans, but USC QBs just have a bad track record and I have to exploit it. Just to name a few: Sanchez, Leinart, Palmer, Cassel. There are approximately a dozen more and none of them are in the HoF. Palmer is the best one of them all and I find him to be less than mediocre.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a fan of LSU, and our QBs are just terrible also.

What do you think about the two undefeated teams (Falcons and Texans)? Do you think we'll see them in the Superbowl? - Brandon
Hey Brandon. Good question (and nice name).
I think they're both playing at a high level. The Falcons have superior offensive weapons, and if they had a QB who was actually elite, they could go undefeated this season. The defense is playing well also. The Texans are monstrous, but Andre Johnson is on the decline and Schaub has lost his step as well. If Foster gets stumped, the Texans will have issues. However, the defense is great, hands down. I am a HUGE fan of J.J Watt; I think he takes DPoY.
I honestly don't think either go to the Superbowl. Even if the Falcons go undefeated in the regular season they choke in the playoffs and there are a ton of phenomenal teams in the NFC. I can't see the Falcons making it past the first game.
The Texans actually stand a very good chance. They only have two who, I think, can really beat them: The Ravens and the Patriots. It's between those three.

You said earlier that Welker is going to be gone next year, yet he's leading the Patriots' in receiving yards right now. Still stand by what you said? - Dylan.
Hey Dylan. Glad to see you've been reading!
Yes, I still think he is. Welker is an integral part of the offense, but he's going to be too expensive and the Pats have a ton of offensive weapons. They already spent a ton of money locking down their two TEs, and if Lloyd shoots off, consider Welker gone. Plus, I think Edelman and Salas can be adequate replacements for a much cheaper price.
I love Welker, I really do. But the Patriots have a history of trading players just as they are in/leaving their prime.

That's all the time I have right now. If you guys want some guys to consistently follow, try Hispandrix and Jrad. Great guys with some good knowledge. Also, y'all can get some quick updates if you follow me on that Twitter thing @The_JurisDoctor.

Good talking to y'all guys.

Juris Doctor. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment